Monday, July 30, 2012

Catching Up

The last week has been a whirlwind!  I'm going to skip the "8 weeks" post, since 9 weeks will be here in 2 days.

Last Wednesday was my 12-month post-op follow-up.  My weight loss has slowed way down, but that'll happen.  Especially now.  My vitamin levels are all normal, my cholesterol levels are all normal, and my sugar and A1C levels are normal.  I have been pronounced in good health!  The doctor didn't even scold me for getting pregnant too soon, as I expected him to do.  He explained the removal of my Prilo.sec as a "better safe than sorry" scenario.  As I haven't had any problems with reflux in quite some time, and no ulcers, I am fine with that, for now.

I spoke with the nutritionist, who basically told me to keep doing what I've been doing, and honor my hunger.  Three meals and 3 to 4 snacks is what I've been doing thus far.  As I get in to the 2nd and 3rd trimester, I may have to make an effort to eat higher calorie foods, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Friday was my first OB appointment.  They took (what seemed like) our entire life histories.  A cup of my urine, a pap smear, some poking and prodding, and 8 vials of my blood later, he said that everything looked good.  I asked for an ultrasound, which I was granted, but my doctor doesn't have his own machine, and the facility where he was to send me had already closed for the day.  I was scheduled for 8:15 Monday morning.  They gave me a bag of reading material freebies and sent me on my way.

I decided that the doctor's pronouncement that my uterus was growing appropriately was good enough at that moment, so I threw caution to the wind and went ahead and called my extended family.  I never thought I would want to tell people so soon, because I tend to be so paranoid, but hey, what the heck, right?

This morning, bright and early, accompanied by my husband and one of my close friends, we made the trek to the imaging place.  I was expecting a transvaginal scan, but instead had a standard.  All that really means is that the images weren't as clear, but we still saw our baby, and heard the most beautiful sound I have ever heard in my life:  A heart beating at 162 beats per minute.  I am over the moon!

S/he is measuring at 8w1d, instead of 8w5d, but I'm not overly concerned.  I have no idea when I ovulated, and the tech told me that, this early, calculating by the first day of the last period is more accurate, anyway.

For your viewing pleasure, a blob of fuzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment