Wednesday, August 1, 2012

9 Weeks


Shortly after I made my last post, my OB's office called me to let me know that one of the cultures came back showing a bacterial infection in my lady bits, so they put me on an antibiotic.  I'm doing my best to not be paranoid about this, despite what Dr. Google says about the potential risks.


I've mentioned my congenital adrenal disorder in a past post.  I recently started wondering if I should consider genetic testing to find out if I've passed it on.  Does anyone have any experience or advice on that kind of thing?


Here's comes the weekly stats, feel free to tune out.

* Belly - Still just weight-loss extra skin, though my pants are starting to feel tighter.

* Weight gain - Holding steady, loss seems to have stalled for the moment.

* Symptoms - Occasional round ligament pain.  I am in the bathroom more than I am out of it, including 2 to 4 trips during the night.  I'm tired a lot, which could be a symptom in itself, or a result of getting up to go to the bathroom all night.  I'm also having some wonderful smell aversions, closely associated with nausea.  New this week - Breast tenderness.


* Cravings/Aversions - Swiss oatmeal, which I had never had before, just had seen a recipe.  The aversion to bell peppers remains, I need to find a new veggie afternoon snack.

* Clothes - Feeling slightly tighter.  When I shrank out of my last size, I didn't get rid of my pants, which I think I will soon be glad for.

* Movement - I've still got some time before this one will have a response.

* Feelings on gender - I'm thinking boy, even though most of my family thinks girl.

* Meds - The OB had me increase my Folic Acid supplement, from one 800 mcg tablet above my prenatal, to three tablets.  I also started a 7-day antibiotic for the infection.

* Mood - Month-end stress at work has turned me in to a complete grouch.

* What I miss - Sleeping through the night.  I guess I had better get used to it!

* Appointments - My next OB appointment is a week from Friday, on 8/10.

* Medical concerns - Nutrition/calories and a bacterial infection.  Bleh.

* Coming up - One of my cousins is getting married on 8/11, and my ENTIRE family will be there.  I was looking forward to it before, but now I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment