Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Waiting Game

I'm sorry for not posting more frequently. There hasn't been overly much to report, which I suppose is a good thing.

Yesterday was my final appointment with the doctor at the weight loss center. He is really pleased with my progress (46 lbs!), and they've submitted me to my insurance for approval. As soon as they get it, they'll schedule me an appointment to meet with the surgeon, and then we'll schedule my surgery. It's still possible that it will happen in June, but I'm betting on July.

Before the appointment was my 2nd Behavioral Class that the program requires. We talked about how we can be programmed to use food for comfort and for rewards. I have treated food this way my entire life, and I'm not sure that it's something that I can easily overcome. I can certainly be aware of it, and try to combat the temptation, but I'm sure that it will always be there.

I have to have another sleep study done. Ugh! This time they'll be fitting me with a CPAP machine. I told the Neurologist that I had a really hard time getting and staying asleep the last time, so he wrote me a script for an Amb.ien. It is scheduled for June 1st, and that should be my last requirement fulfilled.

I have a friend that is just starting treatments with an RE. We'll sometimes go months without really chatting, but as soon as she's on treatment, she messages me constantly, wanting to talk to me about it. I don't know how to get the point across to her that it's hard for me to hear, since I'm still so far away from actively ttc again. I don't have so many female friends that I can afford to completely cut off contact, but I don't want to dread talking to her, either. It's made worse by the fact that she's so unhappy in her marriage, and probably just doing all this because she thinks a baby will make it all better. Ugh. Makes me ill just thinking about it.

Anyway, I hope you're all well out there. Have a good Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment