Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some Good News

I've gotten a few bits of good news over the last few days.

On Friday, I got a call from the weight loss center. My insurance has approved my surgery! Woohoo! I meet with the surgeon on June 6th, at which point we'll schedule my surgery. I'm so excited!

Today they called me again, to let me know that my blood test results were back. My Vitamin D levels have risen, but are still low, so they upped my daily Vitamin D. My A1C levels were "great". I'm pretty pleased with that news, overall.

In other news, our little family has grown by 1. During our evening walk on Thursday, a stray dog started following us. At first he would run up, sniff, and then run away. After a few blocks, he was running around us in circles. By the time we got home (which was a mile from where we first saw him), we decided to keep him in the fenced yard, so he wouldn't get hit by a car. We gave him some food, water, and a blanket in the garage, and proceeded to post his picture on facebook to try to find his owners. Over the course of the next few days, I got him vaccinated, brought him in the house, and we made several calls and checked the paper for anyone reporting a missing dog. All the while, we're kind of hoping that no one comes forward, as this poor dog was skinny, not neutered, wearing a collar that was WAY too small, and not to mention in a position where he was running loose. We still have not heard a peep.

At first we had every intention of finding him a good home with someone we trusted, that would take good care of him. But, of course, we got attached. There is still some adjustment that is going to need to happen. I have an appointment to get him fixed in about 2 weeks.

Without further ado, meet our new furbaby.


No comments:

Post a Comment