Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Uneventful

Things have been uneventful on the health and IF front around here. Thursday is my follow-up with the Neurologist about my sleep study. Next Wednesday is my final appointment with the doctor at the weight loss center. The next time I go will be to meet with the surgeon and schedule my surgery date!

In other news, JP and I have been pursuing the purchase of the building we are currently renting for our store space. This has been incredibly stressful and frustrating. The more we dig and the more we learn, the more daunting it all seems. When we first moved in a year ago, it was with the intention of discussion buying in the not too distant future, once the owner made some major repairs (he hasn't), and moved out of the 2nd floor, where he is still living. So, not only has he not lived up to those things, his overall behavior has also become rather erratic (accusing our workers of stealing, etc.). We've decided that its time to get out from under all that mess.

What we've discovered is that this is a bad time to be trying to get a small business loan, and the building owner is a whole heap of trouble with more than one source. Ugh. He has a judgment out on him for $40,000 for the roof repairs to the building, and it's on the course towards a Sheriff's sale. He is also delinquent on his property taxes, and it may go up for commissioner's sale in June. Right now we think our best bet is to keep our knowledge quiet from the owner, and try to pursue the commissioner's sale, while hoping that no one out-bids us.

I know a lot of that probably doesn't make sense. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, to tell you the truth. It has left me constantly stressed, and constantly feeling like I need to be doing something productive, or risk feeling like I have absolutely no control over anything in my life. Worse, this stress has caused me to make more bad eating choices in the last few days, than I have in the previous several months. I haven't sabotaged myself, don't worry. I'm back on track today.

Sorry for the unorganized vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment