Friday, August 22, 2014

Helloooooo 2nd trimester!

My visit with the endocrinologist on Wednesday went fine.  I don't respond as well to the hydrocortisone as well as the dexamethasone, which is normal.  As a result, my testosterone and and 17 hydroxyprogesterone were a bit above normal.  He adjusted my dosage and the times of day that I take it, and we redo labs in 3 weeks.  He is also apparently concerned about my blood sugars, and wants me to start testing it twice a day.  I can't really think of any reason why, other than that I'm 40 lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant the last time, and most of his patients are diabetic, so maybe it's in the forefront of his mind.  I'll play along, I'm sure it's for the best.  The next round of labs is probably also adding AIC and whatnot.

Betty's 18 month well-baby checkup is in an hour.  It'll also serve as a follow-up for her middle ear infection she had a week and a half ago (during which she spiked a 102.6 fever, yikes!).  I'm anxious to see how much she's grown.

Here are the 14 week stats.  If you're in a bad place, please feel free to skip this.


* Belly - I can tell I'm showing, but I doubt anyone else can... unless I throw on a maternity shirt, like I did today.  The cute ones that gather at the sides would make a flat-stomached woman look pregnant.
* Weight gain - I'm actually down about 2 lbs, though I have no idea why.

* Symptoms - I.  Am.  EXHAUSTED.  Breasts are sore and I'm in the potty even frequently.  Occasional constipation.

* Cravings/Aversions -  I STILL really want some Indian food!  I also had a mad craving for a breakfast Subway sandwich the other day... which I sated.

* Clothes - My work pants are starting to feel a little snug.  I splurged and bought a lot of gently used maternity clothes off of a facebook garage sale site.  I'll need to hem the pants, as I'm freakishly short, but they should last me the duration.

* Movement - I felt the baby do a flip on Wednesday evening.  There's no way it could have been anything else!

* Feelings on gender - My brother-in-law says "girl", and he's never been wrong.  We'll see!

* Meds - The endocrinologist switched me from 30 mg of hydrocortisone split up twice a day, to 40 mg split up three times a day.

* Mood - Still occasionally emotional.  I'm also starting to feel a little more confident, which scares me if I think about it too hard.


* What I miss - Sleeping through the night.  I can't seem to get comfortable, and just as I do...  It's time to get up and potty.

* Appointments - My next OB appointment is 9/9.  Next endocrinologist on 9/25.

* Medical concerns - CAH and managing hormone levels.  Finding a healthy balance of weight gain.

* Coming up - The weekend!  Woohoo!

Here's your dose of Betty for this week:



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive appointment and that things are progressing normally. Sorry you have to test blood twice a day but you have a good attitude about it. How do you feel about it being a girl or boy? I know you'd be over the moon with either but do you have thoughts/feelings on pros/cons of either? If it's a girl, you'll have lots of clothes. :) Cute pic of Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so big! AAAAH. I'm glad things are going smoothly for you right now and I hope they keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 台灣情人視頻聊天室
    真人秀聊天室
    國外免費視頻秀聊天室
    午夜免費視訊聊天室
    視頻啪啪免費聊天室
    台灣甜心女孩聊天室
    大秀聊天室
    午夜聊天室大廳
    真愛旅舍聊天室
    真人裸聊秀場
    視頻聊天室真人秀戀夜秀場直播大秀色成人免費女同性電影免費的色情網站情色貼圖區
    視頻秀qq色群六間房直播跳舞超短裙美女熱舞慢搖最愛色情動漫網人妖電影網址麗的情色文學
    求qq群 你懂得戀夜秀場真愛旅舍視頻破解成人性愛小說成人激情小說愛微兒情色網
    求個色聊qq群號戀夜秀場秀場大廳午夜聊天視頻網站愛愛網真人愛愛姿式成人網情色貼圖區
    qq群視頻大秀戀夜秀場直播大秀色校園春色愛愛網成人玩具使用表演視頻愛薇兒情色總站

    ReplyDelete