So, I've been really terrible about updating. Getting to a computer with a toddler is nearly impossible. In fact, she's presently standing in the chair next to me, making a mess of some of her daddy's stuff, and watching an episode of Dora on my smartphone, which she found and played all by herself. My current job also doesn't allow for much personal computer time. Admittedly, I'm also at a constant level of fear I could still lose this baby.
Technically I hit 20 weeks on Thursday. Half way there! Yesterday was my anatomy scan, which went splendidly. WE'RE HAVING A BOY! Much more importantly, though, is that he looks great. He's measuring 3 days ahead, and looks like he's going to be LONG. He was moving and wiggling up a storm, so they want to do another scan at my next appt in 4 weeks, to see if they can get a better shot of his heart. No cause to be concerned though.
We already had a name picked out. He'll be William Edward, named for a life-long friend of JP's, who passed away a couple of years ago. It means a lot to both of us.
Here are the 20/21 week stats. If you're in a bad place, please feel free to skip this.
* Belly - My family can tell that I'm showing. There was still one person left at work that didn't know I was pregnant until yesterday, so I guess that also says something.
* Weight gain - I'm finally gaining, I'm up about 5 lbs.
* Symptoms - Tiredness has abated somewhat. I've been having a lot of round ligament pain, constipated more often than not, and my boobs have gotten pretty sore again. I'm already lactating when my nipples are squeezed. I apparently also have no sense of TMI. I think that comes with parenting.
* Cravings/Aversions - Bacon and eggs, and anything spicy! This is such a change from my first pregnancy, where all I wanted was sweets.
* Clothes - I finally hemmed my new (and gently used) maternity pants, but I haven't worn them yet. I'm also still making do with normal tops that are slightly longer than normal tops. I'm going to be in trouble as I get further along. Plus-size maternity clothes are not as easy to come by as XLs were.
* Movement - I'm constantly surprised by how much movement I feel. I think the placenta being in a different place than with Betty is really making a big difference. I love feeling him move, it's the very best part of pregnancy. I get a little sad when I think that this is likely the last time I'll feel a baby move inside of me.
* Feelings on gender - We're having a boy!
* Meds - My hormone levels have been good, so the endocrinologist is keeping me on 40 mg hydrocortisone split up three times a day. My A1C came back normal, and thus far my blood sugars have been normal.
* Mood - I feel generally fantastic. I still cry at the drop of a hat, but nearly always at happy things.
* What I miss - Not a thing.
* Appointments - My next OB appointment (with ultrasound) is 11/3. Next endocrinologist on 11/25.
* Medical concerns - CAH and managing hormone levels. Finding a healthy balance of weight gain.
* Coming up - Life and everything that comes with it!
Here's your dose of Betty for this week, as well as a little bonus from our gender reveal photo shoot, that ended up being a complete disaster: