Wednesday, March 20, 2013

One Month

First, I want to thank all of you for your sweet comments on my last post.  I can't tell you how much they meant to me, and eased my mind.  You ladies are wonderful.

My baby is a month old.  How did that happen?  It's been such a roller coaster.

Betty Jean in bullets:

* She's such a good baby.  With the exception of the last two nights, she only cries when I don't get her bottle to her fast enough, during baths, and very occasionally during a diaper change (I assume because she's cold with her bare butt exposed).  The last two nights, however, she's been screaming after being put back in her bed after her middle of the night feedings, just wanting to be held and rocked.

*  She has an amazing amount of gas.  I can't believe that so much air can come from such a tiny person.  She grunts and strains when it's bad, but doesn't cry.

*  She seems to know her mommy.  She'll track to my voice when I talk, when someone else is holding her.  She doesn't do that for anyone else.

*  She loves to have her cheeks and forehead stroked lightly.  We occasionally get a small grin out of her when we do this.

*  She doesn't seem to mind that her mommy kisses her face, head, and hands about a million times a day.

*  She HATES bath time.  I really hope she at least starts to tolerate them without screaming.  I dread giving her a bath.

*  We're still battling thrush, but it doesn't seem to bother her.  She's a champ about letting me put the medicine on it.

*  Oh my, the gasiness.  It's worth two bullets.

*  She is the most beautiful baby that ever existed.  Yes, I am biased.

*  Overnight a few days ago, she outgrew her preemie clothes.  One day they fit, the next they didn't.  I still can't wrap my head around that one.

*  She is still sleeping in her swing, though I admit that I haven't tried putting her down in anything else, overnight.  I'm just not ready to try the crib, yet.  I did get her baby monitor set up, though.

I'm sure there are tons of other things that aren't occurring to me at the moment.  JP and I are handling sleep deprivation pretty well.  JP deserves a post of his own, at some point, though I don't know that I'll get the time to write it.  He has been absolutely amazing, and I fall more in love with him every day.  He added the new role of "Daddy" to his repertoire so beautifully, and I know that I wouldn't have survived all of this without him.

Tomorrow is our next pediatrician check-up.  I'm looking forward to finding out how much she's grown, though I know I'm going to cry, regardless of what the number is.  I'll likely update you all with a short post.  In the meantime, here are a few shots from the last couple of days.


Napping with Daddy


I just love these little feet!  They look especially tiny next to JP's hands, but she actually has pretty long toes!


Napping with Mommy while one of the puppies looks on.


Crashed out at Daddy's office after a tough morning of being cooed over by his co-workers.


Sooooo sweet.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS!!! She is just so sweet! I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Glad to hear she's getting big. It's so sneaky how they suddenly get so much bigger. Babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! She's grown so much, but still so tiny! Can't believe she's already a month old! Looking forward to read how much she has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...its been a month! She is so cute. And that pic with the puppy looking on, is priceless. Glad its all going good.

    ReplyDelete