Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Improvement! And 26 Weeks

Yesterday marked 3 weeks and one day since the scan that told us my little girl was behind in her growth.  We also had our follow-up scan with MFM.  While she's still measuring small, at 1 lb 9 oz (based on measurements of her head, stomach, and femur) compared to an average of around 2 lbs at 26 weeks, we've made an improvement and are now in the 20th percentile.  I feel SO MUCH BETTER about that number!  We didn't get any new pictures, and they had some trouble getting one of the views of the heart that they needed, both because she was curled up very tightly into a ball.  Otherwise, they said everything is still looking pretty good.  Except for her placenta, which has not budged even a 10th of a cm in the last three weeks.  It's sitting at 1.7 cm from my cervix.  Our next appointment and scan is in two weeks.

Per the MFM's instruction, in lieu of the traditional test for gestational diabetes, as a sugary drink would make me quite ill, I have begun an alternative method.  I am checking my own blood sugar four times a day for seven days, and keeping a log.  Once first thing in the morning after at least an 8-hour fast, and two hours after each meal.  I've gotten in three tests so far, and they're all low/normal.  Hopefully my fingertips will survive the week!

I think my momentary confidence will prompt me to do the weekly stats.  Feel free to skip right on by.

* Belly - My phone app tells me that my uterus is now the size of a basketball.  Yep, that looks about right.


* Weight gain - I'm up 16 lbs.

* Symptoms - I've been relatively symptom-free lately.   A bit of acne, fatigue (of course), constipation, and some round ligament pain.

* Cravings/Aversions -  Nothing specific or unusual.  I've been trying to keep a handle on this, and eat like a good girl so I can get the appropriate nutrition.  I still need my dark chocolate, though.

* Clothes - I'm completely on maternity pants, I can't even do my Bella Bands with regular pants anymore.  Most of my regular tops are still fitting ok, though I bought a handful of maternity sweaters.

* Movement - Tons and tons.  I love this more than I could ever describe.  She continues to elude letting anyone feel other than JP, much to my mom's and sisters' disappointment.

* Meds - Morning:  Regular multivitamin, iron supplement, 2000 ui Vitamin D, 1600 mcg Folic Acid.  Mid-day:  600 iu Calcium x2.  Evening:  Prenatal, 800 mcg Folic Acid, Rhino.cort , Advair, 450 mg DHA, 40 mg Hydrocortisone.  
New:  I added an iron supplement at my OB's recommendation, cut out the Clariten, switched back to Advair, and my endocrinologist increased my hydrocortisone dose after my last blood test.

* Mood - Dare I say that some confidence is creeping back in?  She is a fickle bitch, like her sister hope.

* What I miss - Fitting behind the steering wheel!

* Appointments - Endocrinologist check-up on the 5th, next regular OB appointment is on the 17th, and my next MFM appointment (with US and cervix/placenta) is on the 11th.

* Medical concerns - My petite little baby, nutrition/calories, vitamin levels, CAH, Placenta Previa.

* Coming up - Professional maternity photos on the 4th, breastfeeding class on the 6th, childbirth class on the 15th, and my "baby" sister is coming on the 16th/17th to help paint the nursery!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad that baby girl is starting to catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that your babe made it to the 20th percentile. Good news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete