Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Somewhat Lame Update

I'm still having a little bit of trouble bending and turning. I have to keep reminding myself to take it easy, and let other people help me. From the start, the most pain has always been near the middle left incision, which is the incision through which they did the most work.

I've been really glad to add canned meats and veggies to my diet. I love mixing Albacore tuna with roasted veggies or with hummus. Hummus comes in so many varieties, it's great for changing things up, and has a decent amount of protein!

I've had a little bit of trouble finding protein supplements that I enjoy. I ordered a sample pack of Syntrax Nectar flavors, as well as a couple of samples of Click. I haven't been too crazy about most of the Nectar flavors, but I've found that most things that are able to be mixed with milk are pretty decent. The Cappucino, Mint Cookie, and Strawberry flavors are pretty tasty when mixed with Light Vanilla soy milk. The Click flavors are also pretty good, though the protein content is lower.

I went for my first post-op bike ride today. I'm a little sore, but it mostly went really well. I'm looking forward to working my way up to longer rides.

Tomorrow is my 2nd follow-up appointment at the clinic. I'm not expecting any diet changes just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment