Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back To Work

Yesterday I hit the 4 week mark past surgery. I'm feeling pretty good. The pain is very minimal, and I've been advanced to soft foods! I can still only eat about 4 ounces at a time (that's only 2 tablespoons!). My first meal solid meal was a big ol' scallop and stir-fried veggies. Yum!

Today I'm back at work. I can't say that I'm happy to be here, but I AM happy to not be sitting around at home, bored and lonely. I do miss my puppies though, they were excellent company. The girls in my department got me a card and some pretty flowers. It's nice to know I was missed.

Things are going pretty well overall. I've lost a total of 92 lbs. I've been biking almost every day. Other aspects of life are pretty quiet, so there's nothing really to complain about. Last night I went to an orientation for a phlebotomy course. It's 15 weeks, 2 nights a week, an hour away from both work and home. I'm seriously considering it. While I don't at all dislike my job, in fact, I rather enjoy it, I can't handle the hour drive anymore, especially not on my small wages. A phlebotomy certificate would open up opportunities for me much closer to home. Not to mention that average starting wages are higher than what I currently make. I've got about a week to decide before I need to gather and submit the paperwork and tuition.

I hope you're all doing well. I'm going to start being better about reading and commenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment