Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Five Foods and An Update

A brief update before I dive back in to the numbers game. We've been really lax with our daily weigh-ins. We usually hope on the Wii Fit every night and do a body test, which includes weight and BMI, but as hot as it's been in our house the last several days, it's really hard to work up the motivation after dinner and a walk. If I had to guess, though, I'd say I've lost another 2 or 3 lbs.

Tonight is my repeat sleep study, to be fitted with a CPAP machine. Ugh. I am very much not looking forward to this. I loathed the first one. At least the doctor gave me one Amb.ien to help me get to sleep. I just hope that I can stay asleep long enough and then be alert enough to drive home when we're done. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tomorrow morning we drop off Osiris to be fixed. I've never been through this with a pet before. Zeus was already fixed when I got him. I'm hoping for a quick and easy recovery. He's an active dog, so I really hope he doesn't break any stitches or anything like that. I'm off tomorrow and Friday, and JP will be off the weekend, so at least we can keep an eye on him.

Monday is my appointment with the surgeon! I'm so excited! I took the whole day off work. The surgeon appointment is in the morning, and then I have an allergist appointment with a new doctor in the afternoon. I haven't been to an actual allergist in a few years. I've been able to keep my allergies under control for the most part with medication, but the last year or so they have been really bad. I get the normal congestion, itchy eyes, sneezes, sinus drainage, etc, but worst of all I get red itchy hives all over my body. I've been scratching myself til I bleed and get scabs. It's not attractive or pleasant. I'm going to ask about allergy shots.

Anyway, here are 5 Foods.

1. Shrimp. My most very favorite food. This works out wonderfully for me, as it is also low-fat, high protein, and works great in my diet! I throw some on a skewer, season them, and put them under the broiler for a few minutes. JP usually has a tuna steak, seasoned and broiled the same way.

2. Bell Peppers, mushrooms, onions. Our staple vegetables. Often they are sauteed and thrown in with some wild rice as a side dish for dinner, but sometimes I'll have a sliced pepper with some deli meat and a string cheese for lunch.

3. Wild rice, black rice, brown rice, or quinoa. These are excellent whole grains that we love using as a side dish. I throw them in the rice cooker, we go for our walk, and they're ready to be seasoned and served by the time we get home.

4. Subway Western English muffin. This is my breakfast on my way to work every day. The muffin is whole wheat, white egg patty, pepperjack cheese, onions, green peppers and a few black olives, and you've got a tasty breakfast that is only 180 calories.

5. Bananas. This is my current snack obsession. Yum! I have one every morning at about 10 am, to curb my mid-morning tummy growls.

No comments:

Post a Comment