Friday, April 1, 2011

Wednesday Appt. Recap, etc.

Tuesday morning I went to have an exercise evaluation. Basically, this consisted of a nurse taking my pulse and blood pressure, having me walk around a track for 6 minutes, pulse and blood pressure, 5 minute rest, pulse and blood pressure. I had a quick chat with the nurse about target heart rates, and a few other things that I already knew, and then I was out the door and on my way to work.

Wednesday's appointment at the weight loss center was pretty routine. I've lost a total of 29 lbs so far. Hooray! My BMI is where they want it to be around the time of surgery scheduling. The doctor and the dietitian are very pleased with my progress. There was apparently nothing unusual to report regarding the results of my exercise evaluation. I have 2 more appointments with the doctor and dietitian, 2 behavioral classes, and then I get to meet with the surgeon to schedule my surgery. Moving right along!

I also addressed a snag that I was having with scheduling one of the procedures that they require me to go through before surgery. They need me to have an endoscopy. They office they normally refer to wanted me to pay 100% of the cost of the procedure before they would do it. That's $1400! My insurance plan is a high deductible HSA. I haven't yet met my deductible (partially because of a paperwork nightmare going on with the sleep study stuff), and there isn't a whole lot left in my HSA, so there's just no way I can afford $1400. They don't offer any kind of a payment plan, either. I talked to the nurse about it and she said she would call a few other offices that they sometimes did referrals to. She found one that will do the endoscopy with no money up front, and let me pay on it as I can. Hopefully, once the sleep study mess is dealt with, I won't have to worry about paying anything at all. Relief!

The diet and walking program continue to go well. I'm to about 1300 calories a day, and 38 minutes of walking. It's progress!

I find myself still scouring infertility info and blogs during my down time at work. I find that it helps me keep my eyes on the prize, the whole picture, even if it does occasionally depress me. I keep calculating the time line of surgery, recovery, being released to try to conceive again, pregnancy, etc. I haven't yet let my mind obsess about what might happen if I go through all this, and I still can't get pregnant. The worry is ALWAYS there, though. The completely ideal schedule would be surgery in June, I have wait 18 months before trying to conceive again, so assuming the weight removes the remaining hurdles, we could be trying again in early 2013, and baby by the end of 2013. Its way too optimistic, I know that. But hey, it's motivation.

I'm so glad to finally have some followers! I hope I'm not boring all of you too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment