Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Loss

Yesterday my husband lost one of his best friends. Wil was biking home from work, and was hit by a car. 36 years old. It breaks my heart.

JP is in so much pain, and I all I want to do it be able to make it better. We're heading out of town for a couple of days to visit with my family. I'm hoping that the change of pace will make it a little bit easier.

He was wearing a helmet, reflective clothing, and had a flashing light. He did everything that he was supposed to. The anger that I feel toward the woman that did this is something that I have never felt before. Please, please, everyone out there, when you're driving, please always watch out for bikers and pedestrians.

In Wil's memory, I am vowing to keep my hands completely off of my cell phone while in the car, unless I am at a complete stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment