Friday, March 4, 2011

My 3rd Appointment

Wednesday I went for my 3rd appointment at the Center. First I weighed in with the nurse, and found out that I've lost a total of 11 pounds. Then we (JP was with me) met with the doctor, who examined me and went over my test results. This was one of the most embarassing experiences of my adult life. An old man looking and prodding in places that I wouldn't even want my husband examining up close... ew. I learned that he considers me to be diabetic, even though my levels are below diagnostic levels, they're close enough for him, apparently. I'm also vitamin D deficient, and have high cholesterol. Yippee. The good news is that once I've lost more weight, these issues should disappear. He concluded that I am an excellent candidate for the surgery, which should be sometime in July.

Next we met with the social worker where we went over all of my homework. We talked a lot about my support system, my family, etc. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful and supportive family and husband.

The appointment concluding with setting up my next several appointments. I also have to go for a sleep study, an endoscopy, and an exercise evaluation. I'm not looking forward to the first two things. I've never been sedated before, so the endoscopy will be my first time. Scary!

I guess we're officially go!

No comments:

Post a Comment