Friday, February 8, 2013

36 Weeks (and 2 days)


Work has kept me busier than I would like.  They're willing to pay me a full week to sit here and just be available if they need me, so I can't complain a whole lot, but geez.  They're going to be in trouble when I can't pitch in and help.

I've been getting up and out to go to doctor's appointments, but otherwise I've been sticking to my bed and my recliner, which JP moved in to the bedroom.

At my regular OB appointment, I had my first cervix check.  I am apparently 1 cm dilated, and 50% effaced.  This should make it a lot easier to be induced, when the time comes.  We'll schedule the induction at my next appointment, which is next Wednesday.

My NST at the MFM's office yesterday was still fine and normal.  I'm sad that I'll only have one more of those.  I love them so much!

Here are the stats.  As usual, I'll understand if you skip right on by.

* Belly - Being in bed has allowed me to watch her movements a lot more than I could when I was stuck behind a desk.  It's so bizarre sometimes!  I love it.

* Weight gain - I'm up 31 lbs.  Eep.

* Symptoms - Still having frequent heartburn and sore hips.  I am having increasingly more trouble sleeping through the night, as well.  I'm having more Braxton Hicks, as well.

* Cravings/Aversions -  Yesterday was a "must have pasta!" kind of day.  Chicken alfredo, yum!

* Clothes - I'm kind of living in my nightgowns, as I don't really have much reason to get dressed unless  I'm  heading to an appointment.

* Movement - Tons and tons.  I love this more than I could ever describe.  My mom and grandma finally got to feel her move at my shower!

* Meds - Morning:  Regular multivitamin, iron supplement, 2000 ui Vitamin D, 1600 mcg Folic Acid.  Mid-day:  600 iu Calcium x2.  Evening:  Prenatal, 800 mcg Folic Acid, Rhino.cort , Advair, 450 mg DHA, 40 mg Hydrocortisone, Gylburide.  

* Mood - I'm doing my best to not let bed rest get me down.  I'm slowly accepting that there are things that just aren't going to get done.  And you know what?  That's ok.

* What I miss - Not a thing.

* Appointments - Monday is our regularly scheduled BPP, as well as my rescheduled appointment at the endocrinologist.  Wednesday is the regular OB, and scheduling induction. Eep!

* Medical concerns - My petite little baby (IUGR), nutrition/calories, vitamin levels, CAH, Placenta Previa, gestational diabetes.

* Coming up - A whole lotta nothing, and then birth!

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty awesome that you are still getting paid while you are on bedrest. Obviously you are still working by being on call for questions, but how cool is it that you can still make money from home right now?

    I'm so glad things are looking good still. Bed rest will get old, I'm sure, but you don't have too much longer to wait! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad bedrest is manageable so far, even if work has been a lot. It's so hard to not be able to help with things!

    ReplyDelete