Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Insert Random Self-Insult Here

Bullet points seem like a good idea, so here goes:

* In the process of quitting my job, due to no raise in 2 years, though travel costs rising, I was offered a better paying position, which I accepted.  Through June, however, I am responsible for both positions.  I am working 7-days a week, and about to bash my head in to a sharp wall.

*  I'm down 145 pounds, but they're coming off a lot slower.  It happens.

* I am one month and 7 days from being 12 months post-op, with hopefully the go ahead to actively start TTC again.  I am scared to death.

* I went ahead and went off the pill, because I decided that the sooner I know whether or not I will cycle on my own, the better.  I am not sure if is wise, but it makes me feel more in control.

* I started going to counseling a few weeks ago, as my anxiety levels have been through the roof.  While it was presented as ultimately my decision, they advised against meds, as I intend to start ttc before they would  determine the dose I need to be effective.  Bummer.

* After 2 months on dex.ametha.sone, my hormone levels have evened out, and are in the normal ranges.  My endocrinologist also sees no evidence of PCOS.  She thinks I should have no/little trouble conceiving, and wants me to give it 6 months before going back to the RE.  Holy %$^%.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Knoll Maria and I am a graduate student at Bar-Ilan University Information Science Department in Israel. For my final project, I am examining anonymity and self-disclosure in infertility blogs. The target population of the study are women bloggers who were or are going through infertility treatments and also blog about their experience. I am kindly inviting you to participate in this research study by completing the attached survey.

    The following questionnaire will require approximately 5 minutes to complete. Your response is very important to me. Your informed consent to participate in this survey is assumed by completing the survey and by submitting it. Participation is strictly voluntary and you may refuse to participate at any time. A copy of the results will be sent to you, if you choose so.


    Thank you for taking the time to assist me in my educational endeavors. If you require additional information or have questions, please contact by email.
    Click here to fill out the survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHY0SC1wT0lHeEFqOGdZN3pXT3p3aHc6MQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, first let me say I found your site from the ICLW list. I know I'm way early. I too had WLS. I'm 21-months post-op and have started TTC. Congrats on your weight loss success. I look forward to following your journey and it's great to finally find someone else battling the TTC journey after WLS.

    ReplyDelete